© 2022 All rights reserved
Differential Aptitude Tests (DAT)
DAT is a gold-standard suite of assessments measuring cognitive abilities in a number of different areas. This latest edition, DAT™ Next Generation combines cutting-edge Computerised Adaptive Testing technology or CAT to offer five new DAT tests in a number of languages.
Compared with traditional fixed form tests CAT presents a modern method of delivering item-banked tests to job applicants or students with many benefits over previous version.
What does the next generation Differential Aptitude Test measure?
Each DAT Next Generation sub-test contains only 15 items & measures the following:
- Verbal Analogies. Measures verbal reasoning by the relationships between pairs of words.
- Numerical Calculations. Measures addition, subtraction, division, percentages, algebra and, multiplication.
- Numerical Sequences. Measures problem solving abilities with numbers.
- Abstract Reasoning. Looks at ability to see sequences in shapes and patterns.
- Space Relations. The ability to visualise 2D shapes in 3D.
The Profile Report contains an overall percentile score
(against the chosen norm group) is presented. In
addition the T-score, STANINE score, and STEN score
are reported in the Additional Technical Information
section of the candidate’s Profile Report.