© 2022 All rights reserved
BPS Test User Qualification:
Combined Ability and Personality
Occupational Test User Ability (formally Level A) and Occupational Test User Personality (formally Level B) training courses
Completing these British Psychological Society (BPS) Verified course will enable you to use a range of major UK tests, allowing you to undertake recruitment and development campaigns on your own terms.
The BPS Verified course has been designed to provide training leading to the fulfilment for the British Psychological Society’s Certificate of Competence in the use of ability and personality tests. These courses are relevant to anyone wishing to use tests directly and oversee their appropriate use, such as: HR managers, recruiters, occupational psychologists, training managers and team leaders. After attending, delegates will:
– Gain an industry standard qualification, required by many consultancies and organisations.
– Be able to purchase and administer ability tests from a number of different reputable test publishers.
– Reduce the cost of hiring external consultants, assessors and recruiters to carry out test administration and feedback.
BPS OCCUPATIONAL TEST USER ABILITY
The ability training has been adapted to meet the needs of our clients at this time. Our Level A course is now available as a remote, online training course.
There are 7 units to the course as outlined below:
Unit 1: Introduction to psychometric tests
Unit 2a: Describing test scores
Unit 2b: Transforming test scores to different scales
Unit 3a: Reliability
Unit 3b: Practical applications of reliability
Unit 3c: Validity and utility
Unit 4: Fairness and bias in testing
Unit 5: Administering and scoring tests
Unit 6: Communicating test results
Unit 7: Security and confidentiality of test materials and data
Course Aims to learn…
- How to Administer, Interpret and Feedback Ability tests.
- How to select the most appropriate test for your needs.
- How to use tests fairly and ethically, complying with UK laws and BPS guidelines.
- Knowledge of technical concepts (reliability, validity, norm groups) which will help you evaluate tests from any publisher.
- The best way to include ability tests in your selection process.
Format: Distance learning that you can complete flexibly at your own pace. The course is designed to be completed in 2 days.
What are the steps are to qualify?
To qualify, you will complete reading and coursework completed in your own time, logged on an online portal. There are then 3 practical exercises carried out via a phone/video call arranged with your assigned trainer. Your assigned trainer will be on hand to answer any questions via call or email throughout your qualification.
BPS OCCUPATIONAL TEST USER PERSONALITY
This 2-day virtual classroom course course has been designed to provide training leading to the fulfilment for the British Psychological Society’s Certificate of Competence in the use of personality tests.
SOSIE is the tool used as a basis of this training – this tool is often used in recruitment, coaching, career development, individual and team development contexts.
This course is relevant to anyone within HR, L&D or recruitment looking to obtain an industry standard certification and using an instrument which measures both personality traits and values in one questionnaire. This will include HR managers & business partners, recruiters, occupational psychologists and training managers. After attending, delegates will:
- Gain an industry standard professional qualification.
- Be able to purchase and administer SOSIE
- Be eligible for conversion courses for other personality tools.
- Reduce the cost of hiring external consultants, assessors and recruiters who are often used to carry out test administration.
There are 2-3 hours of pre-coursework.
Foundations of personality assessment (as set by the BPS)
Personality & Value Scales
Reliability and Validity of SOSIE
Introduction to interpretation and feedback of the tool
Practical Feedback sessions
Ethical Use of the tool
Administer & feedback SOSIE to 2 people and write feedback report
Within 3 months of attending, delegates are required to complete a some post coursework.
BPS Test User: Occupational Ability is a pre-cursor to this course.