The Numerical Data Interpretation Test (NDIT™), previously named Athena, goes beyond a candidate’s typical math skills to identify the ability to manipulate and interpret numerical information from reports, charts, tables, or dashboards.
Numerical Data Interpretation Test (NDIT)
Numerical reasoning is an important skill for many work settings including executive, managerial, supervisory, professional, sales, administrative, and technical roles across most industry sectors. A job analysis will identify what job duties require numerical reasoning. NDIT is appropriate for jobs where data interpretation is used frequently or on critical job tasks.
NDIT™ assesses numerical reasoning ability related to the interpretation and manipulation of the types of numerical data routinely encountered in the workplace. Specifically, NDIT measures the ability to
- correctly analyse and interpret numerical information presented in surveys, reports, charts, graphs, and dashboards;
- draw logical conclusions and correct inferences from numerical data;
- calculate values using basic arithmetic operators;
- work with percentages; and
- identify when additional data is required to draw conclusions.